ISO (the International Organization for Standardization) is a worldwide federation of national standards bodies. ISO 9001:2015 replaces ISO 9001:2008. WTI's ISO 9001:2008 Certification means that both the Production and Engineering Departments are certified under the ISO umbrella. ISO 9001:2015 is a strategic decision by WTI's top management to adopt a Quality Management System.
ISO 9001:2015 impacts the following:
- Customer loyalty
- Repeat business & referral
- Operational results such as revenue and market share
- Flexible & fast responses to market opportunities
- Costs & cycle times through effective and efficient use of resources
- Alignment of processes which will best achieve desired results
- Competitive advantage through improved organizational capabilities
- Understanding & motivation of people towards WTI's goals & Objectives, as well as participation in continual improvement
- Confidence of interested parties in the effectiveness and efficiency of WTI, as demonstrated by the financial and social benefits from WTI's performance, product life cycle, and reputation
- Ability to create value for both WTI and its suppliers by optimization of costs & resources as well as flexibility
- Speed of joint responses to changing needs.